[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: Tesla coil

On Mon, 17 May 1999 18:35:26 -0600 Tesla List <tesla-at-pupman-dot-com> writes:
>Original Poster: "IC" <cocmon-at-fx.ro>
>
>Hi,
>
>Could anyone to send me a scheme for tesla coil (for begining I'll
>want a verry
>simple scheme)
>
>I'm a beginer in this domain I'm grateful if anyone help me
>
>Best regards,
>
>Codrut Ilie
><mailto:cocmon-at-fx.ro>cocmon-at-fx.ro

Hmm... guess this is fine to post on the list

                                    toroid
                  capacitor        _________
                    bank          (_________)
                     | |               (
    +----------+-----| |------|        (
   { }         |     | |      |  )     (
 _(___)        |              |  )     (
|      |       |              |  )     (
|      |       |              |  )     (
|      |       *     variable |  )     (
|      |     spark       tap  ---)     (      secondary coil
|      |      gap                )     (
|      |       *                 )     (
|      |       |          primary)     (
|______|       |            coil )     (
  (   )        |                 )     (
   { }         |                 )     (
    +----------|-----------------      (

High Voltage                           |
transformer                         ___|___
                                     _____
                                      ___    rf ground
                                       _

This looks all screwed up unless viewed with a non-kerned text. My email
editor uses a kerned font, so I wrote the ascii in Notepad.

Codrut,

The transformer may be a Neon Sign transformer, or an Oil Burning Furnace
Ignition transformer. Other types of high voltage transformers can be
used, though.
email me off-list if you want more specific help.

With silent lightning in my hands,
-The Electrophile-
Grayson Dietrich
visit my HV page!
www.geocities-dot-com/WestHollywood/Stonewall/2509/index.html

Get completely free e-mail from Juno at http://www.juno-dot-com/getjuno.html
or call Juno at (800) 654-JUNO [654-5866]