[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: bi-polar (center-fed) TC

The "two distinct secondaries" mentioned in my post are
exactly that: two DISTINCT secondaries. These are
usually both oriented vertically, as shown below:

        Big Streamers between Toroids

O========O                       O========O Toroid
   |  |                             |  |
   |  |                             |  |
   |  |                             |  |
   |  |                             |  |   Secondary
   |  |                             |  |
   |  |                             |  |
   |  |                             |  |
   |  |                             |  |
 pppppppp                         pppppppp Primary
 pppppppp                         pppppppp

Streamers and arcs will establish themselves between
the two toroids. Sometimes this arrangement is
referred to as a "TWIN" coil arrangement. You can
get toroid-to-toroid strikes that are almost
double what you would get from a single coil.

Ed Wingate and others have built very impressive twin
coil systems.

Fr. Tom McGahee