[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: ASG vs NST....and in this corner!

Chris

Your NST will never work at 20kHz - sorry! Its secondary inductance is so huge
that at 20k the impedance will be vast. Even if you got any output it would be
of a miniscule current. Even the primary inductance would be a problem - and
with such a puny power source (ASG) you probably won't even energise the core.

What you need is a 'Ferroxcube' transformer core, as used in SMPSs and the
like. Find one of the right material for the frequency. You will also need to
boost the ASG output. Make up a very simple push-pull Class C amplifier with
Power Mosfets - or even make two for the full H-Bridge configuration. Connect
this across your primary. Oh - you will need to do a lot of winding of fine
wire for the secondary with insulation inbetween...... If you get this
powerful enough thouugh (several cores needed) you could rectify the O/P and
use it for a DC Tesla.

Alex Crow