[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: Disc Construction

In a message dated 4/28/99 5:35:18 AM Central Daylight Time, tesla-at-pupman-dot-com
writes:

> As you know, I am presently constructing my SRSG. I have run
>  into a major problem: the disc material. The thickest G-10
>  (which I would like to use) I can find is only 1.5mm (0.059")
>  thick (being circuit board material). What I was thinking of doing
>  is taking 3 of these sheets for a total of 4.5mm (0.177"). As I
>  have a lathe, trueing the disc (sheets are square) is not a big
>  problem.

  Reinhard

  The same problem occurred to me a little over a year ago.  I had a bunch of
paper phenolic trays 3/16" thick.  Four were cut and glued together with slow
cure epoxy.  They were laid on a flat surface and several hundred pounds of
weight were on top.
  This disk was cut to 12" dia. and used at 3600 R.P.M. in a sync. gap with 2
electrodes.  The disk never came apart and I still have it for other uses.

Kevin E.