[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

X-Ray Machine Transformer

I have a question. I could get an old X-Ray machine form my work, if I
wanted to lug it home. It is a Siemens, 125kV, and the dial goes up to 500
mA, full size medical machine. Does anyone here have any experience with
medical x-ray equipment? The transformer is, of course, what really
interests me, its probably about 350 pounds, rated at 220 primary, 125 kV
sec.  It is really quite bulky compared to the new high tech units we have
here, dial knobs and all on the control unit, compared to digital controls
on the new ones. I keep the computers going here, and do not know anything
about this type of equipment. Is there anyway to modify the transformer to
put out less voltage? I suppose it has a nice fullwave bridge to get the DC
output for the Tube. Would it have any potential for T-coil service?
Potentially valuable parts? Should I just let them junk it?

Regards,

David Trimmell