[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: overquenching (was light dimmer...)

        I must admit my source isn't my own experience-- some things that were
said on the list-- combined with things I've read about Richard Hulls
series rotary work.
        From a holistic standpoint I can't see any difference between unsteady
or
erratic firing and overquenching.  Both result from the performance
limitations of certain types of gaps in different systems-- and so whether
a series rotary isn't ideal for TC work because it overquenches, or because
it doesn't allow for a complete firing is in some ways beside the point.
Here someone else ought to take over-- since I have exhausted my meager
resources of theoretical and practical knowledge!
                --Mike