[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: Wax Concentrates

Tesla List wrote:

> Original Poster: "Harvey Norris" <tesla4-at-excite-dot-com>
>
> Why arent people adding titanium oxide to parafin and melting it. It will
> settle to a concentrate at the bottom of a testube. This core can be removed
> after cooling and the concentrate portion cut off . Numerous trials like
> this will yield a portion of concentrate that has settled to its maximum
> density according to gravity. This can be remelted around plates to form a
> capcitor with a much higher dielctric constant. I have done the same process
> with ferrite-wax mixtures. Concievably both of these could be mixed for
> special experimental applications. I know that ferrite is very poor choice;
> thats why I said experimental. Strontium ferrite also has a high dielectric
> constant while also being magnetic. Stupid in Ohio HDN

Harvey,

Have you actually tried this?? One of the problems with high-dielectric
materials is that they also tend to be lossy, heating up under the RF
stresses seen in TC use. Are you thinking of using only the wax-Titanium
dioxide as the dielectric or using something more rigid as the main
dielectric with the wax mixture between the metal plates and rigid
dielectric? Would think that the titanium dioxide-wax mixture would
soften and melt quite quickly...

-- Bert --