[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: Salt Water Poly Caps (fwd)

---------- Forwarded message ----------
Date: Tue, 31 Mar 1998 09:57:37 PST
From: Mad Coiler <tesla_coiler-at-hotmail-dot-com>
To: tesla-at-pupman-dot-com
Subject: Re: Salt Water Poly Caps (fwd)

Gary,

I used Mountain Dew bottles on my first coil, powered by a 10kV 23mA oil
burner ignition transformer. If I can remember correctly the bottles
were PP or PE. It took a two banks of bottles in series to get enough
voltage rating, and even then I last a bottle or two. This was a very
small coil producing 6" with two of the OBITs in parallel.

Tristan Stewart