From: Tesla List [mailto:tesla-at-pupman-dot-com]
Sent: Wednesday, June 23, 1999 9:13 PM
To: tesla-at-pupman-dot-com
Subject: Sync. motor modifications

Original Poster: Teslaman-at-aol-dot-com

All...

  Does anyone know a general rule of thumb, or other information on how much

metal to remove on the armature of an induction motor for optimal sync.
operation?   In the past I have simply removed an amount using the "just
about right" rule and checked  for proper sync. operation.   I have a new 2
HP 3450 RPM motor and want it to run it sync. with the least amount of metal

removal.

Thanks
Kevin Eldredge