[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: cap firing voltage scope measurements question

<<
> Such a high voltage rise seems strange to me but I could belive it in an
> LTR setup with a sync gap.  Of course, the scope or probe may have bad
> bandwidth characteristics or your getting noise which may be messing the
> readings up.  However, I thought you were using pretty good HV probes and
> such but that would be the first place I would look for a problem...  Do
> you have safety gaps?  They should be firing like made at 30kV I would
think...

Terry, all,

I'm just using a simple resistive voltage divider type HV probe.  My
reasoning here is that there should be ~no RF left from the previous
firing at the time the gap fires.  I have a safety gap set at 3/4" using
roundish acorn nuts facing each other.  I have to look for my chart
showing approx firing voltages for various gap spacings.

Thanks,
John Freau