[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

How to rise the secondary?

----------
From:  Edward J. Wingate [SMTP:ewing7-at-frontiernet-dot-net]
Sent:  Tuesday, June 30, 1998 9:19 AM
To:  Tesla List
Cc:  stcole-at-deltanet-dot-com
Subject:  Re: How to rise the secondary?

Tesla List wrote:

> ----------

John,

I >>ALWAYS<< deliberately build my coils so they are overcoupled from
the start and then use spacers to raise the secondary in 1/4" increments
until the telltale signs of overcoupling disappear. That way, I know
that the coil is properly coupled for maximum performance! You can't
fine tune a Tesla coil system on a computer. I want to SEE and FEEL what
the REAL hardware is doing when I tune a coil and a computer program is
NOT real hardware! One can tweek and tune with a computer program and be
a keyboard coiler for as long as one likes, but there is no substitute
for real capacitors, wire, transformers, spark gaps, etc. The real test
is hands on building and tuning experience with real Tesla coils and
equipment. You have to get your hands dirty John! Only then has the
Tesla coiler come home.

With dirty hands in N.Y.

Ed Wingate