[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Transformer question

Hello fellow Coilers,
I have a transformer here that I need to learn more about. It is a GE
voltage transformer.
this is what is written on the spec tag: 1500va-at-30deg. celcius,
bil=110kv,primary=8400v,
ratio=70:1. This transformer has two terminals on it's secondary, but
only one for its primary(has a place for a big fuse on the top of it.)
It also has a grounding terminal on the side of it. I believe that it is
going to need current limiting, but im new to this type of transformer.
Any suggestions on current limiting? Now correct me if I am wrong here
ok.
To get high voltage from this transformer, I would connect 220v to its
secondary and for the output I would connect one HV lead to the terminal
on the top and one to the grounding post on the side? I'm am still
learning about electrical theory here and I want to play it safe as
possible(my kids will love me for it!). thanks all.......Roger Clement