[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: Run a 120v variac on 240???

Hi Grayson,

	I have a overload vs time graph of how much and how long you can overload
a variac and how long you need to let it cool down afterwards.  It is
posted at:

www.peakpeak-dot-com/~terryf/tesla/misc/VariacLoad.jpg

This chart is a generic one that Powerstat puts out but it should basically
apply to all.

Cheers,

	Terry

At 01:51 AM 7/11/99 -0400, you wrote:
>Okay, on a similar, but opposite, note, how many amps, at 120V 60Hz,
>could a 220V 10A 50Hz variac handle? At a 2200VA rating, I would think at
>least 20A, but the the 50Hz rating will allow it to carry even more
>current at 60Hz, won't it?
>
>I have two, and might like to gang them to control a potential
>transformer or small pig in the future...
>
>This is an interesting variac...
>nameplate reads:
>Variatore Di Tensione
>VARIAC
>(lic. General Radio Co.)
>Ing. S. & Dr. Guido Belotti
>Piazzo Trento 8- Milano
>
>I don't speak Italian, but I can guess what most of that means.
>

>With Silent Lightning in my hands,
>-The Electrophile-
>Grayson Dietrich,  Medina, OH
>See my HV Haven (it does NOT do jusctice!)
>www.geocities-dot-com/WestHollywood/Stonewall/2509/index.html

snip....