[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

200 KiloVolt Capacitor

Today may have been a very lucky day for me.

I just acquired a 200 kV capacitor from a friendly professor at my university.
The capacitor is a genuine Philips item made in Holland. On the badge it states
"Type B151561", "0.0195uF", and "200kV". The professor told me they ran this
cap at 100kV with no real problems. The cap is a cylinder, 23" high, 7" wide,
with four 30" cooling fins. It is browny red and appears to be constructed of
ceramic or plastic. At each end is a solid aluminium toroid to counter corona
discharge from the terminals.

Can anyone tell me anything about this type of cap? Most importantly, is it
suitable for a Tesla Coil tank circuit?

Cheers.