[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: Now, How does a coil really work??

Bert,
I agree, it was a good question and a good answer. So many times I've seen
coilers using static gaps but they always assume 120bps (60hz) or
100(50Hz). Most
really don't know and assume this. I'm curious how often we can fire the gap
during a cycle? Is there a major limitation beyond electrical or mechanical
stresses? My first thought at this I came up with 4 x main freq., but the
more I
think about this, I bet the gap could be fired quite a few times during a
cycle.

Bart