[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: Tuning?

<< snip
> I am getting thin purple streamers about 1 foot to a grounded rod. I got
> this from the old toriod as well, but they are a bit thicker now. I tried
> various points on the primary and this seems to be as good as it gets.
> >From posts on the list and web pages it seems like I should be able to get
> more output from this configuration.

> Any ideas?

> Travis Tabbal >>

Travis,

I didn't do any calcs, but you could add some turns of scrap #
12 house wiring to the outside of your primary, to see if the extra
turns pulls it into tune.  Also did you try tuning at the outside turn
with no toroid?  (It will need fewer turns without a toroid.)  When your
coil's working correctly, it should give at least 36" sparks or more.

John Freau