[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: Capacitance of a coil

In a message dated 1/17/99 3:46:55 AM Mountain Standard Time, tesla-at-pupman-dot-com
writes:

> Mike,
>
>  The winding length of the coil is not a parameter in this equation??
>  When I use Medhurst's formula on my 10" coil, I come very close (15.88
>  pF) to the measured value (based on reverse calculating from Ls and Fo).
>  However, if I use the above formula, I only get 3.88 pF.
Bert,
    Just out of curiosity, what is the H/D of your coil(or the one you did the
calc for)?
If it is about 4, then maybe this expression just needs that factor included,
since as I posted earlier, that it was meant for coils with H/D = 1.

Mike