[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: Sonotube loss corrections

There are two types of Sonotube. 1 is wax coated and the other is
uncoated except for the glue. Some cabinet materials supplier sell the
uncoated in diameter of 3 to 8 inches. The wall thickness will vary from
supplier to supplier, 3/16 to 1/2 inch. The Sonotube for concrete work
generally start at 6" and run up to 48" and are more and likely will
be the thin wall.

Rodney

Tesla List wrote:

> Original Poster: "Barton B. Anderson" <mopar-at-uswest-dot-net>
>
> Adam,
>
> I find it difficult to beleive that a well treated card board form is
going to
> have any significant loss compared to losses elsewhere in the system that
> would
> effect the overall output performance. Many have built their coils from
> sonotubes and they perform well.
>
> Bart
>
> Tesla List wrote:
>
> > Original Poster: "Adam Parker" <park_e_r-at-hiwaay-dot-net>
>
> > <snip> card board material is about the worst thing on the face of
> > the earth as far as overall Q goes. I know it should definately be treated
> > to lower conductivity. But what can I do that will help the loss? I know I
> > can't all but eliminate it, but, how much improvement would a layer of
LDPE