[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: Toroid Design .

  Gavin -

  I agree the voltage of the pail cannot be increased without limit. But how
about an isolated sphere in space. What would limit the voltage?

  In your post using the equation

  Volts = b x V x s x R

  the capacitance of the terminal to ground of 0.1 pf is unrealistic.

    Cap = Q/V = 10^-6/10^7 = o.1 pf

  Also the 1 ucoulomb\m^2 is unrealistic. Refer to Antonio's post where he
derives 26.5 ucoulombs/m^2 or 1 coulomb/58.5 inch^2. I used 50 inch^2/1
ucoulomb or 31 ucoulombs/m^2 in my post as value based on tests.

  Was this matter brought up in the lecture you attended?

  John Couture