[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: Fw: 1/4 wavelength

Tesla List wrote:

> Original Poster: "markjons" <markjons-at-bright-dot-net>

The latter formula has no relevance to a helical wound coil - ignore it.
The resonant frequency of a secondary coil will be a function of its
self-capacitance and inductance, and its actual resonant frequency will
always be higher than that of a stretched out straight wire (to which
the latter formula applies).

-- Bert --