[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: This phase shift stuff...

Hi Antonio,

	A long thin secondary with no top load may be the best example to be
studied.  I worry about a probe disturbing the fields around the coil and
causing false measurements.  A physically large coil will be less
susceptible to this however.  Fiber optic probes made for the task (small)
may have very negligable efects.  A continuous sine wave may not be the
signal of choice.  Perhaps a pulse generator or arbitrary signal generator
would be the best thing to use even though that is on of the few toys I
still don't have ;-(

	I think the long thin secondary with no terminal is the best case where I
should be looking for phase shifting.

Thanks for the input!

	Terry