[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

This phase shift stuff...

Hi All,

	As we all know, I like the theory that there is very little phase shift in
voltage and/or current from the top to the bottom of the secondary coil in
Tesla coils.

	Malcolm got me started... :-))

	So here's the question...

	Does anybody have a Tesla coil system or REAL setup that has SIGNIFICANT
PHASE SHIFT from the top to the bottom in the secondary?  I have, what I
think, is the best equipment in the world to measure such things.
Everything I have measured, so far, points definitely to the lumped
parameter model...

	Now, I am looking for the exception…  to prove me wrong...

	So what kind of REAL Tesla coil system can I put together that will show
all that phase shift, 1/4 wave, and transmission line effect stuff?
Perhaps, it is a forgone conclusion that the secondary voltages and
currents are pretty much in phase within a Tesla coil (there really is a
"little" shifting).  However, if anyone has a major exception, I have the
resources ready to pour into reproducing and studying this exception.  It
is time to put this matter to rest once and for all...

Go ahead…  MAKE MY DAY! :-)))

	Terry