[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: break-rate/power tests over weekend

HI John,
        Most interesting and informative data thanks!

> Original Poster: FutureT-at-aol-dot-com
>
> All,
>
> Over the weekend, I decided to tackle the input power question again
> for various break-rates.  My questions were; is my wattmeter accurate
> at high break-rates, and how efficient are the high break rates?  To
> find the answer, I first "calibrated" a thermocouple ammeter using a
> resistive load instead of a Tesla coil.
<snip>

Your tests indicate to me that where a significant amount of energy
storage is not available at the top electrode, sparklength is heavily
dependent on output voltage. I think that relates well to my sshot
tests in the past. My approach to further tests of this would now be
to start with a small topload and known Ep and increase both to keep
Vout more-or-less constant while observing changes in sparklength.

Cheers,
Malcolm