[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: Tesla Coil Operation - was "Harmonics"

Correction to this post.

It should read "fine turns of magnet wire" not fine tubes of magnet wire.
I had to correct this soon as one off-line email asked me how many pieces
of wire should he "stuff into each tube"!!!

Dr.Resonance-at-next-wave-dot-net

----------
> From: Tesla List <tesla-at-pupman-dot-com>
> To: tesla-at-pupman-dot-com
> Subject: Re: Tesla Coil Operation - was "Harmonics"
> Date: Tuesday, February 02, 1999 7:15 PM
>
> Original Poster: "D.C. Cox" <DR.RESONANCE-at-next-wave-dot-net>
>
> to: Antonio
>
> The best way to feed a magnifier is to make the driver a series fed
> resonator as well.  Just feed your primary tap across approx 20-40 turns
of
> 1/2 inch copper tubing (keeping the Q as high as possible), and then the
> copper tubing continues as either 2 AWG welding cable or Litz wire (2-4
> AWG) on up the form.  Use a fiberglass water tank as a form (relatively
> inexpensive from Farmer's Cooperatives used as water and pesticide spray
> tanks --- easy to obtain in diameters up to 6 feet.  This format will
give
> you a 100-200 turn driver with a very high Q that will provide a very
> powerful base current to the bottom of your resonator coil.
>
> The primary/sec of the driver is all one series element with the low side
> at ground potential and the power fed into the tap as required to achieve
> the proper resonance in your resonator inductor.  The resonator inductor
> can be fine tubes of magnet wire, but the driver pri/sec system must be
the
> best possible Q to generate the very powerful peak currents necessary to
> operate the resonantor.
>
> Also, you want to keep the k factor of the driver around 0.6 if possible
> couple the greatest possible amount of energy into this system.
>
> Regards,
>

> Dr.Resonance-at-next-wave-dot-net

> > From: Tesla List <tesla-at-pupman-dot-com>
> > To: tesla-at-pupman-dot-com
> > Subject: Re: Tesla Coil Operation - was "Harmonics"
> > Date: Monday, February 01, 1999 11:43 PM
> >
> > Original Poster: "Antonio Carlos M. de Queiroz" <acmq-at-compuland-dot-com.br>

> > Tesla List wrote:
> >
> > > If k=sqrt(L1/L2) then L2=L1/(k*k): for L1=13uH and k=0.2 -->
L2=0.32mH.