[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

safety gap and primary cap question

  I had read that the safety gap on a coil should be "Just far enough that
the NST does not arc over during normal operation."  Since my last coil was
battery operated, I haven't had any experience with safety gaps, so I was
wondering if anyone could elaborate on this.  Does that mean an initial spark
across, or a sustained arc after a spark is initiated?

  Also, my previous coil used capacitors of aluminum foil and pvc plastic for
a capacitor, but it was rather large and cumbersome all laid flat.  Where can
I get some info on rolled capacitors, or if you want to write it in a reply,
that'd be fine too.

      Justin D.