[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: Induction heating in toroid / short circuit of secondary

I am curious, perhaps I am on a different plane of thought, but...

Every *Toroid* I have ever used is not a "true" donut shape. I have always
used *conductive* Al tape or some other metal material in the **center** of
the Toroid, as it assisted with support, etc. Now IF I am using a Toroid as
a wheal type shape, then how does the *circuit* SEE it as a "shorted" turn?
It should "see" it as a lumped capacitance, no? I think I am missing
something here...

Regards And Happy Holidays!

David Trimmell