[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: Can I touch?

This is great feedback. I had no idea that disruptive type TCs would pack
such a wallop. Now I'm
beginning to think that I may want to build a smaller tube type TC similar
to the one I built in the 60's,
instead of an NST/spark gap based one. I really like the effect of
demonstrating to others that you can let the sparks fly to your fingers.

Any one have a schematic of a TC that uses readily available tubes -- like
audio power amp tubes (I used 6L6's in my original) or maybe old TV
horizontal drive tubes? (And I just traded a 100th tube off -- oh well.)

Another question: is there a way to make the disruptive spark gap type more
safe to the touch? Raise the frequency? Use a high speed rotary spark gap?