[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: LOW VOLUME

Hello all,

Yes there do seem many opinions regarding neon filtering. I had good luck
with 1.5 mH L in series with 1.5 kOhm (50 watt) R and .004 uF to ground on
each leg of a 15 KV -at-120 mA Neon. It pumped out 4'+ streamers from a 4" x
20" tertiary (was a three coil system) for many years (many, many hours!!).
One day earlier this year I hooked it up again, but disregarded the caps.
It lasted for about 15 minutes (total) run time, and then decided to go the
way all neons eventually go (at least IT only cost $5). I also never used
safety gaps, probably would have saved this one (maybe).  Also the idea of
having the pri spark gap close and across the neons (or OBIT) legs seems
like good advise. But I now use more robust trany's and am mostly doing
tube work.

Trying not to melt the breaker box,
In Oregon,

David Trimmell

At 10:45 AM 12/7/99 , you wrote:
>Original Poster: Esondrmn-at-aol-dot-com
<<snip>>