[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: Dual toroid and efficiency tests

Hello John and all,

This is something that has always interested me. I have noticed in photos
of my coil that I could see more of the "banjo" effect in the spark at
faster shutter speeds. My belief has always been that apparent multiple
breakouts are actually sequential, but due to time/eye response they appear
simultaneous. It would seen that the time between breakouts on the
corrugated toroids is less than the time/breakout with the smooth toroids,
allowing a longer ionization path, thus longer sparks?

Regards,

David Trimmell