[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: Computer Monitor

Alan,

  The transformer is called a fly-back transformer and produces high
voltages at a low current (3ma). This would make it pretty much useless for
tesla coils. To find the transformer all you need to do is follow the high
voltage wire form the side of the tube to the transformer. The tube side of
the wire will most likely be on the right side and has what looks like a
suction cup on it. Pull that off and follow it's wire to the fly back. If
you want to test it all you need to do is turn on the monitor and touch
that HV wire to the monitor ground and you should see a purple arc about 1"
or more draw off it (assuming the monitor is working). I hope this help's.

Aron