[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

~Microsim~

Terry-
I read your "Modeled and Actual Voltage and Current Waveforms within a Tesla
Coil" paper....read it several times actually. I was particularly impressed
with your measurement system, looks like you've got some nice equipment
there. I do have a few questions to run by you though, mostly about the spice
schematic of your TC. There is a resistor labeled Rac with a 0.5 value right
after the ac input, what is the purpose of this resistor, and is it standard
to all TCs or must it be measured for each? Next you have two resistors
labeled Rni1 and Rni2 with 0.12 values, I have the same questions about
these, what is their purpose and are they standard or measured? I assume they
have something to do with the resistance through the primary of the NST but
I'm not sure. Speaking of the NST I noticed it's a 15/60, I power my unit
with a 7.5/30 what would I need to modify from your schematic to get the
correct values for mine? And just how did you figure out the coupling, L1,
and L2 values for your neon? Overall Tesla Coil simulation looks to be very
promising, perhaps it will shorten the trial and error part of TCing by an
hour or two *lol*

Left, left, I hadda good brain but it left...
---Daniel