[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: newbie here, sorry for interrupting....

At 08:45 PM 08/04/1999 -0600, Tesla List wrote:
>Original Poster: "Dr. Resonance" <Dr.Resonance-at-next-wave-dot-net>

Hey Doc,

You don't even need a bearing on the end. You can just let the threaded
rod run free in a hole at the end of the form support. Make sure you secure
the hand crank very tight as it can work loose.

Here's a quick jig I put together in no time.

http://www.fwpd-dot-net/dona/tesla/winding.htm

Quick, but it worked.

>to: Ralph
>
>Instead of lying on the floor next time just cut a few simple plywood disks
>to fit into the ends of your tube, and then make a simple support with some
>old scrap 2 x 4's lumber and add a crank on one end and a bearing on the
>other end.  Very simple, easy to make, and it will same you time while
>allowing you to make a much neater looking coil.
>
>Regards,
>
>Dr.Resonance

---

"Resistance to tyrants is obedience to God" - Thomas Jefferson