[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: new cap (fwd)

---------- Forwarded message ----------
Date: Wed, 07 Apr 1999 14:19:38 -0700
From: Michael Tucknott <Michael.Tucknott-at-virgin-dot-net>
To: Tesla List <tesla-at-pupman-dot-com>
Subject: Re: new cap

Tesla List wrote:

> >  Hi all
> >
> >  Can someone please tell me how to break in our new cap.
> >  At the moment all the oil is still inside so all looks well.
> >
> >  Cheers Mike Tucknott
> >  ***
> Mike,
>
> I broke mine in by just closing up the main spark gap a bit and making many
> runs at reduced voltage.  Then, gradually increasing the power supply voltage
> and spark gap width.  Do this with the cap connected in the primary circuit
> and with the secondary in place.
>
> Ed Sonderman

Thank Ed and all for the advice on our new cap.

Now for the possible bad news, Brian mailed me this afternoon with the
news that a small pool of oil has formed under the cap(around the oil
input port).
This could be run off from the valve or a leaking valve.

If the darn thing does have a leak is there any way to seal it up.
We`v spent too much time and money at this stage.
All the joints were true and glued the inside had 7 coats of yatch
varnish and
the pipe fittings were epoxyed in to varnished holes.

Any thoughts please
Cheers Mike Tucknott
If at first you don`t succeed......

It must be someone else`s fault so