[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

hello

Hello All,

  My name is Trent, I'm new to this list and wish to extend greetings to
everyone.

  It's been awhile since I constructed a coil and I hope to get some advice
from those of you who are more knowledgable/experienced so as to maximize my
efforts and avoid as many problems as possible in the consturction of new
coils.

  I intend building several coils of both the mono and bi-polar designs,
primarily for use with medical devices.  I'll be using NST with my coils, as I
have several on hand, and remember reading something a few years back about
power matching capacitors (?)  I think this was an article by Richard Quick.  I
don't recall what was said or how exactly to use a capacitor with the NST to
maximize the power output; could someone clue me in as to how this works?

  I've also read a little about the use of DC with Tesla coils, as opposed to
AC, and would like some information/feedback/guidance on designing
coils/systems for DC.  I understand DC is much more dangerous, especially at
high voltages, but I have read, ( Lost Science by Gerry Vassilatos ) that the
impulses Tesla worked with were created by use of DC, that the output from a DC
system is far different from an AC driven system and I wish to explore this
area more.
Does anyone have any experience with or information on such a system?

  Thanx and I look forward to sharing with all of you.

  Best regards,
                         Trent