[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

mic trannies

----------
From:  FutureT [SMTP:FutureT-at-aol-dot-com]
Sent:  Friday, January 23, 1998 9:21 AM
To:  tesla-at-pupman-dot-com
Subject:  Re: mic trannies

<<
> I sure am sick of frying neons - I have an unlimited supply of
> microwave transformers...  how many of you have had successful
> results using them?  ...and is it possible to get more than 6kv out of
> them in a series without internal arcing?  10kv at 500ma would be
> pretty damn cool... :)

> Any comments, suggestions welcome.
 ***

> Jeff Corr >>

Jeff,

I've used 4 microwave trannies in series (middle two cores grounded),
but there was some corona effects between outer cores and windings.
It held...but long term may be a problem.  But dump these outer (or
all) cores in oil, and you may be off and running.

I obtained 68" sparks using 6kVA...not the most efficient system,
but nice performance anyway.

John Freau