[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Coherence Terminology and Theory

Some of the discussion about 'coherence', 'beating' and 'decrement' in
Malcom and Richard's threads still eludes me.  If they are defined in the
archives, I have missed it somehow.  Would someone please give a brief
description or URL defining these terms and their related theory ?

Also, a question, perhaps related.  A pair of resonators exhibit a double
tuned response when overcoupled.  It seems to me that the 'beat' frequency
between the response peaks would equal the rate at which an applied energy
pulse 'sloshes' back and forth between the resonators.  If so, optimum
coupling would be strongly related to quenching.  Am I on the right track,
and is this related to the previous question ?

Will

	<snip>