[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: Rotary Sync Gap

If you get a cheap timing light, it will do the trick - not the expensive
inductive ones, but the cheap neon ones.

<<<<Thanks Bill, The inductive lights need a sudden firing or pulse on the
HV cable to trigger the flash tube so they are of no use.  The cheap neon
lights probably just use resistors and such.  I should easily be able to
hook it accross the gap and turn up the variac until it just lights the
timing light.  Then the adjustment should be easy.  I will be very cautious
of the HV present and probably dissassemble the light to insure myself of
how it works and how safe it is in this non typical use.  I doubt if one
would want to touch it with HV AC present :-) - Terry >>>>