[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

BL in TC arcs

I did the experiment on my small 180 mA coil. (3 neons).  I lit a match that
was suspended at the top of an aluminum foil cone portruding from the top
of my
toroid.  The results were rather fantastic and i did yield the same results as
before mentioned, the formation of bright spots in the midst of air streamers.
A couple of such flashes did also form outside the air streamers, in free
space, a distance away from the streamers!  I did not get them to last any
longer than the blink of an eye, but i suspect that with a higher power
apparatus, one could achieve longer lasting effects, whatever they may be.  If
one would suppose from the start that this effect is solely due to burning
carbon ejecta, then he is just commiting a crime of science.  Tonight I
witnessed a rather large ball flash that was orange (compared to my regular
purple streamers) of about a centemeter in size, which seemed to grow
instantly
in the fork of my steady discharge.  I am not touching my setup until i get a
video camera on this phenomenon. I tried my digital camera, no use.

BTW, I added a few more 15kv 60 mA's, for a total of 3 neons and 2 ten gallon
salt water glass caps.  streamers are abundant with a wide tuning "sweet spot"
on the primary.  I have many recent photos on my website so feel free to look!

--
Cabbott Sanders
Salem Oregon