[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: DC Supply

Tesla List wrote:

> Original Post
centre-taps to
> > ground & this will not be a problem.
>
> Remember, with center-tap grounded secondaries, the windings
> cannot be connected directly together in either delta or wye,
> since now you will have *six* phases to worry about (2 per
> CT'ed secondary).

I don't think so. I thought this at first, and then thought about the
voltages appearing on the various terminals. If the primaries of the
NST's are connected in delta, and then you connect the secondaries in
delta, it should work. The center point of the secondary will tend to
sit at neutral, no? Intuitively, this seems wrong, though.  I think I
will have to try it....

If tieing the centertaps doesn't work, then you will need 12 stacks of
diodes.