[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

HV diode identification

Hello all.

I was fossicking around a local electronics surplus shop and I came across
a box full of HV diodes. Unfortunately, I haven't been able to make sense
of the markings...perhaps someone can help me identify them.

The diodes are approx 14 cm long, white - with alloy end caps and read:

BYX 29/75000
9330 358 30112
D414

My best guess is that they formed part of the voltage multiplier circuitry
from an old X-ray machine. If they are sufficiently rated, I'll use them to
supply 23-24 kV DC from a 12kV NST (i.e. two half wave rectifiers back to
back).

Thanks in advance for your help,

Gavin Hubbard