[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: Can anyone help ?

> The coil you just described, in all aspects except perhaps a somewhat
> limited 24" OD dimension (and you didn't mention the topload) may have
> the potential capability to be good for at least 100 Joules per bang and
> perhaps as much as 200, depending of course on a lot of total system
> balancing acts which are par for the course. Your primary as desribed
> could be adequate for even more than 200 J if it has sufficient
> thickness for skin depth considerations at Fo.
>
> Question 1: Why then are you wasting your time merely striving to tickle
> this behemoth at just 25 Joules/bang?

Topload will be 27 pF. (perhaps more?)

I am duplicating, (as close as I can), the experiments of the Corumn
Brothers, which
Generated ball lightning using a dual secondary tesla coil apparatus (one of
the coils
having the dimentions described above).  The corumn brothers were only using

12-15 joules per bang:  I tend to use alot more.  I have thought it was
possible to crank
my power even higher, and i will in the future if needed. (funds) The corumn
brothers
were successful at making ball lightning by the hundreds, that was 3-4" in
diameter,
and lasted for several seconds.  This is very exciting to me, as I have all
of thier
research notes and schematics of thier setup.  (web site of all of this
coming soon)

> Question 2: If you are this experienced, why are you asking for guidance
> on the this List prior to conducting the actual experiment?

I have built two tesla coils:  a 24"x6" coil, and a 27"x8" coil.  both of
which workedgreat at 60 and 120 mA.  My current project has a different
motive then to just make
sparks. :-).  I have never attempted to build anything so large, so I am
learning all of
the "details" that didnt seem important when i made low power coils. (I just
wound,
tapped, and tuned before.. minimal calculations)

> I run a 25 Joule/bang coil using 54 inches close wound #18 AWG machine
> tool wire on a 15 inch PVC form that kicks serious 12 ft+ butt at just
> 6,900 VA and 402 BPS.  At that modest power level there appears to be no
> need to go overkill in either primary or secondary copper cross-sections
> as is proven by my own coil's rather impressive efficiency rating.

The purpose of my "dual secondary" tesla coil is to produce an interference
patternof potential between each secondaries' toploads.  this potential
between toroids will fall
and rise at a beat frequency, because each coil is ringing at a different
frequency... (1/2 and 1/3 of primary frequency) which will cause breakdown
between them at an astronomical rate and
power level, far more than a conventional coil arcing to ground.  These high
density
current impulses between secondaries are what drive generation of ball
lightning.
A physicist here in salem has some unique and solid theories about ball
lightning....
which i believe and hope to prove with my setup (off subject). the website
is
www.singtech-dot-com.

--
Cabbott Sanders