[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: ozone (solution?)

>Yes, I am curious as to why Ozone causes headaches and other things in
>humans. Why is that?
>
>Mike Veach

  Ozone doesn't cause headaches. It's the Nitric oxides from the gap
that do.
 Because they contain oxygen they'll be taken up by your blood and
circulated around your system. When they reach your brain they'll
diffuse into the cells. But your bran (and all your organs likewise)
will not be able to make use of that gas, so they'll try to get more
gas, and your blood vessels will expand. The expanded vessels will push
against your nerves and cause pain.
 Now, nitric oxides can also have other effects: Nitrous oxide (N2O)
will block nerve impulses and therefore anaesthetise  you. It will also
make you laugh by stimulating some regions of your brain.
 Nitrogen Dioxide, which is formed when NO combines with oxygen in the
air, will react with moisture in your lungs to form Nitric Acid, which
will cause irritation both to your eyes (by reacting with their
lubricating fluid) and your nose (reacting with mucus lining), and your
mouth, and so on… Very bad stuff that is….
 Ozone will oxidise things more easily, so inhaling too much of it could
be prejudicial to you because it will tend to kill some of your red
cells… Still, I wouldn’t worry too much about it. Small concentrations
of it are actually good for you because they oxygenate your body…

 Aspirin will lower your blood pressure and relax you blood vessels...
 Hope this helps! Any questions?

 Sam Barros.

 P.S. I am not a doctor or anything, so there is some more to be known
about the effects of those gases that I have not mentioned.