[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Need a Variac core

    High all,

        I have been looking for some time now for a 30-40 amp variac core
that I might find at a reasonable price.  Hopefully one that has been
burned out.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

    I was also thinking that it should be possible; although not cheaper,
to use a tandem pair of 30 A variacs for the ballast of the pigs.  All you
would have to do in this case is to make an appropriate stop so you won't
go over your minimum inductance(max current).  Needless to say, you have
two because you have two hot leads for 220.  Also in tandem or one shaft to
drive both you can adjust the inductance simultaneously.

Please, any help on the variac cores? also any comments on my suggestion of
the tandem variacs as insitchue variable ballast?

Thanks,

Dwight