[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: win tesla vs. JHCTES

<< >
 >are 15" sparks impressive for a 60 mA tesla coil? I know there are alot of
 >things i could work on to make this coil better, including a RQ gap possibly
 >(right now i am using a single static gap)....   Does anyone know the record
 >spark length for 60 mA???

Cabbott, all,

Regarding the 60ma NST, this often causes great confusion because
a 60ma NST can deliver a lot more than 60ma, if a resonant charging
sized capacitor is used.  So if someone says they got let's say a 60"
spark from a 60ma NST, they may actually be drawing 120ma or even
more from the transformer.  This helps to explain their results.  The
60ma should be thought of as transformer rating only, rather than an
actual amount of current draw.

Bottom line, the record for a 60ma NST, and the record for a true 60ma
current draw (from a 60ma NST), would be very different animals.

John Freau