[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: Protection from NST zap

Hi Chris,
           I would say that wearing rubber gloves is more hazardous
than not because it may lull you into a false sense of security. They
might not be sufficient to withstand the potentials you are dealing
with and there is always the chance of a hole in them. ALWAYS unplug
the power, carefully short any capacitors, then adjust.

    I'm not sure I like this plug in the pocket scheme. Supposing
some residual potential existed somewhere in the system (cap for e.g.)
that was hot wrt the plug pin/s? I drop my plugs on the ground and
can always see (a lack of) cables reaching for the wall socket.

    In situations where I might wish to adjust something with power
applied (happens in servicing appliances) one hand is always clear of
anything else and usually in a pocket.

Malcolm