[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: has anyone read this book

Tesla List wrote:

> Original Poster: Cabbott Sanders
> Hi this is cabbott.
>
> this may seem off the subject of tesla coils, but i swear it is not. I
>            have a book called "secrets of cold war technology." (Gerry
>    Vassalatos) has anyone ever heard of it? It has tons of information
>    about tesla and what his wardencliff tower was all about. the first
>   chapter details how he made his impulse generator and magnetic spark
>    disrupter...ie, the "ultamate" quencher, to make impulse beams from
>  his magnifier coils. it all seems a little hoaky i know, but the book
>   is far from the speculation/conspiracy type. Chapter one of the book
>  contains tons of detailed descriptions of tesla's work, pictures, and
>  diagrams. much of it interpreted thru the eyes of the author... which
> may or may not be twisted around to make a good selling book. however,
>  chapter one is an excellent read for any coiler.... and also explains
>   what tesla was doing with his tower...something no one has ever done
>                                                            very well.
>
>                                                               cabbott

Cabbot,

You might want to take Gerry Vassilatos' "work" with a very large grain
of salt... it's more science fiction than science. Much better (and
certainly more technically and historically accurate) reading would be
Tesla's "Colorado Springs Notes" and Richard Hull's "Builder's Guide to
the Colorado Springs Notes of Nikola Tesla". Both of these books contain
explicit information about what Tesla was actually attempting to do,
less the psuedoscientific sounding and distorted interpretations in
Vassilitos' book...

-- Bert --