[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Gases and Spark Gaps

i don't have the money or the resources to test any of this if it is
possible, and i also don't have all of the data to see if it is
possible.

i doubt if there is such a gas, but i thought that if there was a gas
whose resistance rose with its temperature (unlike air), it would be
able to make a great spark gap.  I thought that if a gap was in such a
gas (if it exists), that it could be kept at just the right temperature
so that the spark would jump the gap, but the increase of temperature
caused by the spark, increased the resistance and extinguished the
spark.  this way, the quenching should be better than possible in air.

if there's something wrong with my theory (which there probably is) or
if such a gas does/doesn't exist, then please reply.

thanx

           \|/
           -at- -at-
                           HackMan