[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: Coil specs:

<< 26-32". <ALL OF THESE SPARKS WERE W/ THE 4X14 toroid> I have used my
> 4x20 toroid only once and was pretty disapointed, It will only strike
> out about 12" before it curves under and hits the strike rail.

> See any room for improvement? I hope so.....

> Chris

Chris,

You could double the cap size, and perhaps install a synchronous
gap.  This will increase the spark to at least 60".  But you may need
a 6" by 26" toroid.  And your cap will see higher voltage (if you open
the gaps some), so the cap may break down.  (Install the sync-gap
only if you also double the cap size.)

Have fun,

John Freau