[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Transformer design (was: Frequency dependent dielectrics)

>P.S. Is anyone interested in practical transformer design? I would be happy
>to put together a few pages of practical design notes if anybody is
>interested.

Thank-you to all those people who contacted me off-list. I'l be busy
tommorrow (university exams :P), but I'll try to get my notes typed by
early next week. The topics I'll cover will include:

Single and three phase magnetic core transformer theory, measurement
techniques (compensated voltage dividers, Wattmeters, coupling coefficient
etc.), phase shifting circuitry, power dissipation/eddy
currents/hysteresis, power transfer/efficiency, variac design...and perhaps
a few other design issues.

Safe coiling,

Gavin Hubbard