[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: Tesla Coil (No tank circuit or Cap's required)

Tesla List wrote:

> Original Poster: Jim Lux <jimlux-at-jpl.nasa.gov>
>
> Tesla List wrote:
> >
> > Original Poster: fprice3 <fprice3-at-acnet-dot-net>
> >
> > BRAVO!!!
> >
> > A very intelligent solution to an apparently difficult problem.
> >
> > Grounded outside conductor?
> >
> > Try a rectifier or a full wave voltage doubler next???
> >
> > Would a co-axial cable do the job?  Has anybody data on High Voltage
> > capability of Coax?
>
> RG-8 or RG-213 (roughly 0.4 inch in diameter) is nominally 5 kVAC RMS in
> transmitter duty. This actually allows for a load mismatch of (i think)

Thanks for your information.  This being a hobby type of design, I guess I
might just work at upper limit of ratings and maybe learn something new when
I smell smoke.  They call this trial and error, don't they?

Federico Price
San Pedro, Nuevo Leon, Mexico